Featured Link

Apr 9, 2011

15 Does Paul think he's the least of the apostles


Paul vs Paul again

In the New Testament letter 1 Corinthians, by Paul (AD 55), Paul says he feels he shouldn’t be called an apostle 

1 Corinthians 15:9 I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

And in the New Testament letter Ephesians, also by Paul (AD 61), he says he’s the least among God's people 

Ephesians 3:8 Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.



But in 2 Corinthians (AD 56), Paul says he feels equal to the worthiest of the apostles 

2 Corinthians 11:5 I [Paul] do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles," even though I am nothing.

Recap: So, does he look upon himself as unfit to be an apostle, or does he look upon himself as equal to those of highest rank?

Related post:

No comments:

Post a Comment