Featured Link

Jul 10, 2011

47 Did the disciples ask where Jesus was going

It's John 13 vs John 14

The Gospel of John chapter 13 says:
Jesus’ disciples asked their master where he was 
going where they couldn't go.

But hold it!

John 14 says:
Jesus said none of them asked where he was going.


While at the Last Supper, Jesus said in a little while the disciples couldn't go where he was going

John 13:33 My children [disciples], I shall not be with you very much longer. You will look for me; but I tell you now what I told the Jewish authorities, "You cannot go where I am going."

So Peter asked him where he was going

John 13:36 "Where are you going, Lord?" Simon Peter asked him. "You cannot follow me now where I am going," answered Jesus; "but later you will follow me."

After a little while Thomas asked the same question

John 14:5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; so how can we know the way to get there?"

However, Jesus didn't really answer the question. Instead he said, Let's leave the room 

John 14:41 “Come, let us go from this place.”



A little while later Jesus rebuked his disciples because none of them asked where he was going!

John 16:5 But now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me where I am going.

Recap: Uh, the disciples asked him in the dining room. But a little while later Jesus said none of them asked. Thus John vs John.

No comments:

Post a Comment