Featured Link

Jul 1, 2011

41 Why I say God doesn't always know the future

  Mr. Isaiah vs Mr. Hosea



In the Old Testament, Isaiah the prophet says:
God knows the future.
 
      But wait!


       In the Old Testament, Hosea the
                       prophet says:
                       God is uncertain about the future.


Isaiah declares that God knows the future

Isaiah 46:9 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. 

But Hosea the prophet says God wonders about the future 

Hosea 8:5 I [Lord] hate the gold bull worshiped by the people of the city of Samaria. I am furious with them. How long will it be before they give up their idolatry?

Recap: Here's a case in which God asks how long somebody will embrace idolatry. It sounds to me as if God isn't able to look into the future and see the answer for himself.

Related post:

No comments:

Post a Comment