Featured Link

Sep 2, 2011

62 Should Adam ever have been punished like Eve










... yet again





In the New Testament letter 1 Timothy, written by Paul, Paul says women are to blame for the fall of humankind. He says the fall wasn't Adam's fault  

1 Timothy 2:14 [I]t was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law. 

However, in the Old Testament Book of Genesis, Adam is punished as well as Eve for eating the forbidden fruit. It's both their faults

Genesis 3:11 God asked. “Did you eat the fruit that I told you not to eat?” 12 The man answered, “The woman you put here with me gave me the fruit, and I ate it.” ... 17 And he said to the man, “You listened to your wife and ate the fruit which I told you not to eat. Because of what you have done, the ground will be under a curse. You will have to work hard all your life to make it produce enough food for you.”

Recap: Paul says Adam didn’t break a law. But in Genesis God looked at it differently, and blamed Adam and punished him like Eve. Thus Paul vs Genesis.

Related post:
50 Which would you blame: God or garden snake

No comments:

Post a Comment