Featured Link

Jun 7, 2011

35 Could Jesus ever lose the power to do miracles

It's Mr. John vs Mr. Mark 

The Gospel of John says:
Jesus has God’s power to do miracles



But wait a minute!

The Gospel of Mark says:
In his hometown, Jesus could only work a few
miracles!


  In the Gospel of John, Jesus has power from the Father to do miracles 

John 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

 But in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus could do only a few miracles in his hometown! 


Mark 6:5 He was not able to perform any miracles there [in his hometown], except that he placed his hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 He was greatly surprised, because the people did not have faith. Then Jesus went to the villages around there, teaching the people.

Recap: Jesus has power from God to perform wondrous works. Yet Jesus "was greatly surprised" when Jesus isn't able to perform miracles in his hometown. Uh, okaaay.

Related post:
43 Does God sometimes cause infirmities

No comments:

Post a Comment